I feel old. Well, not really. But older. Which I am! Yesterday was my birthday.
Thank you to those wonderful family and friends who called, emailed and sent birthday cards and gifts. My day had a somewhat shaky start, so your birthday wishes meant more than you probably knew. (Now, now. Don't cry for me, Babies... The day ended on quite a nice note, once I got over my little pity party.)
I stopped by the house of our magnificent photographer friend yesterday (you've maybe seen her pictures on last year's xmas cards) and, as it turns out, my birthday is also her daughter's birthday... Which explained why she had balloons all over her yard. So that was kind of neat. (By the way, if you check out Wyndee's site, you'll notice a few familiar faces in her galleries... We have a photo in each of the babies, kids & families galleries.) But what I'm about to say next might really blow your mind. I don't know if you're ready for the parallel-universe-ness of this whole thing, but here it goes...
Do you remember The Other Koren Sullivan? Surely you recall my alter-ego whom I mentioned before? (For those of you just joining us, you can get caught up here.) She's been doing her thing "across the pond" but she and Guy broke up a few weeks ago. Hopefully she'll get a new boyfriend with an equally cool-sounding name... I like my alter-egos to have friends with jaunty names and wild experiences!
Anyway, that's not what I wanted to tell you. That's not the interestingly, mind-blowing news. Guess who had a birthday yesterday? Koren Sullivan. That's right, me. But also The Other Koren Sullivan! How bizarre is that? Two Koren Sullivans- both with a birthday on May 29. That really boggles my mind. She's quite a bit younger than me- she just turned eighteen. As we exchanged birthday wishes via email, I told her that I got a new iPod for my/our bday... She said she got a laptop for university in the fall...
The whole thing is very surreal.
Hmm. How to seg out of this topic? It would be a good spot for a picture. But I don't have any new ones. I am both proud and ashamed that I have not been bothered to dig out the camera once this month, I don't think! Well, I guess I'll just have to leave 'er as is.
I plan to take at least a couple pictures over the weekend. Perhaps I'll even post them. In the meantime, enjoy the weekend. Have a couple drinks and toast the Koren Sullivans and their birthday!
Retirement home living but for cats
-
If you follow me on instagram you may have already seen this, but just in
case you don’t…Rolly has been having a really hard time with the new kitten
(who ...
6 days ago

























No comments:
Post a Comment