VERNACULAR. (Ver-NAK-yuh-ler)
Noun. 1. The language or dialect spoken by the native people of a particular country or region. USAGE: "...a bit of the local Bahamian vernacular for your ponderance..."
WEX; WEXTATION. (Weks-TAY-shun)
Verb, Noun. Informal Bahamian. 1. To incur the wrath of an otherwise good-natured individual. USAGE: "Don't wex me, Man;" "You yucks up my wextation!"
Now that we're all on the same page:
Bill, you yucks up my wextation! grrrr.
The carpenter (whom I used to love and) whom was working on our deck appears to have quit yesterday. Before finishing our deck. And without giving me even a hint that it was coming when I saw him just yesterday morning. I chatted with him, then ran out to Oz's field day at school... came home and he was gone. And we still have a ton of tricky trim work left to do. I thought we were on a friendlier basis than that... I mean, I sent him a Xmas card! (And everyone knows I am stingy with my Xmas cards!) So now I am a little sad and a whole lot frustrated. It is the unofficially-official start of summer this weekend and we have a still-unfinished deck and a dirt backyard that is about to be torn up to replace our leachfield. Thankyouverymuch.
However, I'm not going to mope about it. Just wanted to vent it and let it go.
I am choosing to be cheerful.
Dear readers, do you notice that this is the second time in a week that I've repeated that mantra- just in the blog alone?! haha Think how often I have said it in my head to myself, if you've already heard it twice here... My yoga instructor should be proud. I find that I get a shocking amount of strength from her weekly "words of wisdom." Who knows!?... I might be in a crumpled, sobbing heap right now if it weren't for that one simple statement! I choose to be cheerful. *ting!*
So, I'm not sure how, but somehow everything will work out. I might develop a drinking habit to help cope until that time, but it will all work out... hardeeharhar
Thanks to my All Star Rock Band for gigging with me last night... I needed the stress relief and yeahhh, baby *purrrr...* did we sound good! Love you, Girls!!
And no small thanks to my awesome husband, who cooked for us like we were queens! xoxoxo
Filet mignon with an amaretto-basil cream sauce, if you were wondering.
That is all for this morning. I'm going to feed and burp Round 2 of the Fester Bread and then I have a slew of mail to sort through... I am going to think about France while I do that. It was this day last year that Mr. S and I were on our way back from a beautiful, relaxing trip to Cannes... *sigh* We're what matters, right, Baby?
Retirement home living but for cats
-
If you follow me on instagram you may have already seen this, but just in
case you don’t…Rolly has been having a really hard time with the new kitten
(who ...
6 days ago

























No comments:
Post a Comment