************************************************
Oscar turned five and he's a new man. He has a whole new attitude! Okay, not really, but he does act older! I don't know how, but he does. On his birthday he insisted on getting a haircut. And then he insisted that it be styled into a "faux-hawk." And he had to go somewhere for dinner where they would sing to him. (He ended up selecting AppleBee's, much to our dismay.)
******************************************************
Oscar getting his birthday haircut at Snip-Its
Brothers celebrating!
********************************************
But we have all been enjoying his birthday festivities... There was Oscar's actual birthday on Friday, which was a great day... Then the Halloween Birthday Party... (All his idea... He has known he wanted a Halloween party since the day after his beach party last year.) So Halloween found our street yesterday! It was mostly family, with a few friends and it was a lot of fun. We skipped the birthday cake and pre-arranged for the ice cream truck to stop at our house instead. Everyone seemed to think that was pretty cool. (And I didn't have to bake!)Birthday Ice Cream for Oscar & Guests
***************************************************
My favorite part was everyone's costumes! So many of our awesome family and friends got into it and dressed up in really fantastic outfits!! (Some in costumes that were sooo very warm in the hot July sun- we love you for it!!) So it was very fun and Oscar felt like a real celebrity. And he now owns nearly every Transformer known to man! (I am about to go through all his gifts, but I don't think- out of all the different Transformers that he got- that he got even one duplicate! Pretty impressive.)
Great-Uncle Gary & Great-Aunt Donna
***********************************************Houston, can you hear me?
*******************************
Rocco (arrrrrgh) with Grammie Ladybug
*********************************************
Uncle Butch & Uncle Mike
***************************************************
Okay, so this post is mostly about Oscar since it was his big birthday. Five does seem like such a biggie. BUT, I'd be a slouch of a mom if I didn't mention that Owen lost another tooth (his second) last week! So he added another shiny gold dollar to his collection of tooth money and was pretty thrilled about it. (See if you can spot his new gap in any of the pictures!) And, Rocco is now standing whenever he gets a chance. He's getting pretty good at it, too!

























I have lots to say about all this stuff but for now I'll say the most important: i recently purchsed the same drinking shirt Skip is sporting in front of the ice cream truck...
ReplyDeleteLove,
Darren
P.S. I quit my job and I'm offf all of August. I'll be visitng...
Hi Koren,
ReplyDeleteYou have inspired me to create a blog for Josie and Charlie. Ours is not nearly as clever as yours - but I'm hoping that it will help to keep my mom updated!
Hope to see you soon!
Wendy
Hello Koren,
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big the boys are getting. Love Aunt Elizabeth