Skip & the boys... building ships at the Lego table. Owen & Oscar say Daddy is pretty good at Legos. I always knew he had potential... :)****************************************
I'm pretty hot with a drill, eh? ;)
****************************************
**************************************
We are officially enjoying summer these days... The baby's room is complete now (see picture) so that isn't consuming my every moment any more. Yay. We've been spending lots of time in the yard catching bugs instead! The boys adore catching any kind of bug... Katherine & Dan gave them magnifying bug catchers that have already had lots of different tenants!
Skip has been busy cooking me meals almost daily that are fit for a queen! We've had lots of lobster on the grill... Then there's the delicious homemade curry of last weekend- served with grilled asparagus, seared sea scallops & steak... (It also involved a small blender explosion with curry all over the cabinets, walls... and Skip! That was exciting...) Through all of this delicious eating we've discovered that Oscar truly adores eating lobster and Owen... doesn't. We had a "fun" night where Owen sat and stared at half of a lobster knuckle for about 45 minutes, crying about how he didn't want to try it and how mean we were for making him eat lobster. (!!) Finally, after me explaining nine million times that he was going to have to eat it cold in the morning if he didn't eat it at dinner, he finally ate it. And he wasn't impressed.
But... Owen will be pleased with our plans for tomorrow... Skip has been trying to take off a day here or there this summer so we can enjoy "Vacationland" at its best. It looks like we may make a train trip to the Children's Museum of Science in Boston tomorrow... The boys will love it- they've been asking to see real dinosaur bones lately.
Owen starts school in less than 3 weeks... I did early school shopping for him so he just needs to mentally prepare now and pick out a backpack. He already loves his new teacher, Mrs. Minott, after meeting her at Step Up Day last spring. Oscar will be starting school several weeks later at a new preschool... He's very excited about it!
And, in the same week that Owen starts school, we meet our new baby! I'm having some contractions here and there, but nothing too exciting, thankfully. I'd rather not have to go into labor when I know I'll be having a C-section anyway! (Since I've already had 2 C-sections, the doctors prefer that I not try to deliver any other way this time- which is completely fine with me!) We have a very active little person in there... The other ladies in my yoga class commented the other night that they could see my belly moving from across the room! :)
That's it for this post... I'm going to adore my pretty toe nails now... (I got treated to a relaxing, pre-baby pedicure by girlfriends last night... I have dragonflies painted on my toes! I will be all the envy of the maternity ward soon... Thank you, Girls!!)
Owen starts school in less than 3 weeks... I did early school shopping for him so he just needs to mentally prepare now and pick out a backpack. He already loves his new teacher, Mrs. Minott, after meeting her at Step Up Day last spring. Oscar will be starting school several weeks later at a new preschool... He's very excited about it!
And, in the same week that Owen starts school, we meet our new baby! I'm having some contractions here and there, but nothing too exciting, thankfully. I'd rather not have to go into labor when I know I'll be having a C-section anyway! (Since I've already had 2 C-sections, the doctors prefer that I not try to deliver any other way this time- which is completely fine with me!) We have a very active little person in there... The other ladies in my yoga class commented the other night that they could see my belly moving from across the room! :)
That's it for this post... I'm going to adore my pretty toe nails now... (I got treated to a relaxing, pre-baby pedicure by girlfriends last night... I have dragonflies painted on my toes! I will be all the envy of the maternity ward soon... Thank you, Girls!!)



























No comments:
Post a Comment