Thursday, August 03, 2006

Oscar's 4th Birthday


Oscar requested "chocolate chip cookies with vanilla frosting on them" for his birthday dessert. They were a yummy ending to his dinner request of "Daddy's yummy steak and some broccoli."











Owen and Oscar getting ready to cruise in Oscar's new Cadillac. (We already dread this happening in a real vehicle someday...) It has a working radio that they enjoy cranking up as they drive around the yard! Uh-oh.





********************************************************************************
Soooo we survived July and it's little heat waves just fine here... I think I started to wilt a little when the temperature hit 98 degrees (and humid!) the other day, but once I got back into our air conditioning all was right with the world again! I did skip my yoga class, though... I just couldn't do it in that kind of weather!

We've been having such a great summer with the boys! We've taken the boat to the Frye's Leap Cafe a couple times out on Frye Island... It's typically slow island service, but the pizza is delicious- as is the crab dip! We've also gone to the boat beach a few times and had a good time swimming- Oscar will swim solo if he has a "boat coat" on now... He is enjoying being allowed back in the water after the crazy finger incident! (His finger is healing fabulously. We think we even see a new fingernail coming in!) Owen continues to love swimming, too. The boys will spend hours in the water if we let them! Speaking of time at the beach...

Oscar celebrated his 4th birthday with a "Splash Party" at our association beach on Sebago. Skip grilled burgers and hot dogs for everyone- which was no cool task on a 90-degree day! But we all had a lot of fun, nonetheless. Oscar had lots of family and friends there to play with- though he spent most of his time bonding with a ladybug he caught! As for the big birthday gift from Mommy & Daddy... Owen has enjoyed teaching Oscar how to drive his new Cadillac Escalade Power Wheel around our yard. Oscar seems more comfortable with Owen driving for now, but we're sure that will grow old soon!

Oscar has turned into someone we don't always recognize these days... Ever since the finger incident, he now enjoys telling complete strangers his life story! Just the other day at Dundee Park here in Windham, I overheard him talking to a woman in the water- telling her he is four years old and he lives in a blue house... Geesh, Oscar, why don't I have you memorize our bank account numbers so you can give those out, too?! :) Oh, and he did finally get a haircut. Yes, we are aware he was looking like a hippie in previous photos! I'll post some new pix of him and Owen later.

Owen is back at the YMCA's Otter Pond Wilderness Camp again for two weeks this summer. It's a day camp, but he's actually there overnight tonight. This is his first time overnight somewhere other than with family, so we are expecting a call to come pick him up around midnight... But maybe he'll surprise us! The whole thing was his idea and he seems very gung-ho about it, so we are encouraging it! He is really enjoying camp this year- he's caught lots of frogs and been canoeing several times... He didn't want to climb the rock wall the first week, but this week he tried it out. Of course, his favorite part of camp is that on Wednesdays the ice cream truck comes to camp and I give him $2 to get an ice cream!

Skip just returned from his annual "guys weekend" with friends on Sunday... They were at Foxwoods again, but I think they may try to scope out a new location next year. Whatever the case, Skip was pretty happy that the slot machines treated him well!

I'm holding it together here... Looking more and more preggo by the day, I think. Though Skip keeps telling me I look like a celebrity pregnant lady- HAHA Is he sweet! I am doing pretty well... Aside from the fact that I seem short of breath all the time and I'm making lots of grunting noises when I try to stand up... My thyroid level did dip below healthy limits so they changed my dosage and I feel like I'm on speed now! I've been so productive lately! Even so, Skip suggested we hire a housekeeper to help me out. So I tried not to take it personally as I jumped for joy...

More later... I really am trying to get better about posting... BUT I think it's time for a nap... Lola is snoring next to me and it sounds like a good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment