Friday, March 07, 2014

Dear PTA...


Let me first say that it's not you... it's me. I have a hard time saying "No." You ask things of me that I am not really willing to do at this point in my life. But I never know how to step back and tell you I don't like it, so it's not really your fault.

Sure, we've seen some good times together and it's definitely been a learning/growing experience. But I just can't do it anymore. Our relationship has changed and you're demanding too much of my time. Even when I'm not with you, you want my attention. I can't live my life like that.

Just look at this blog; I haven't felt like I've had the time to visit with this old friend since September. SEPTEMBER. Do you know what happened in September, PTA? Do you?

YOU happened.

That's not the only reason I'm leaving you, but it is the most perfect example. I'll still pop by from time to time to see how you're doing because I really do care. But we're not doing dinner and, actually, it would probably be best if you just lose my number.

So, thanks for the memories, PTA, and take care of yourself.

Best Wishes,
xoxo k.

PS- to any faithful readers out there who might be- for some crazy reason- still checking my blog: I'm back. I'll be chatting with you real soon! Yipeeeeeeeeee!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:38 PM

    Too bad... does that mean you might have time to join a new charter school board of directors??

    ReplyDelete