Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Running a Tab

I think I am finally starting to get it now.

Just a month shy from turning 40, I'm starting to really get this friend thing. No, I don't mean the actual act of having friends- I get that, of course. What I'm talking about is the act of knowing what to do with all the amazing things friends do for you. (You know who you are.) When your friends bail you out of the tightest of tight situations, placing their own lives on hold in order to do so... how do you repay that?

I've decided it's by buying those friends' drinks whenever you can, having them over to dinner now and again, and, most importantly, paying it forward. Out of all of those options, the paying it forward feels like the truest form of repayment.

So if I offer to help you rake your yard, shovel your driveway, or help you move... just let me, please. I'm paying off my debts.

No comments:

Post a Comment