Thursday, October 25, 2007

Two Ventis Later...

I got out of my singing class fifteen minutes early tonight. I decided to stop at the coffee drive-thru. I figured it was already 9pm and I was still planning on getting groceries before going home, so a little pick-me-up was in order. They messed up my order and were baffled when I told them I didn't want both my correct drink and the mistake one that they offered me for free. For one thing, I ordered a Venti. (That's Starbucks code for "large" for you Starbucks virgins-- if there are any left in the world...) I didn't need two of the things! But they seemed so confused by my saying "no" that I said, "fine, I'll take them both" and thought I'd maybe give one to Skip when I got home. However, I ended up drinking about one and a half of them on the drive home. So I am a little wired. Thought I'd use the fake energy to blog before I get consumed with other things and forget.

By the way, did you know I'm an international megablogger now? Yeppers. I have readers not only across the US, but in Canada and Australia, too! That boggles my mind! I'm so global, Babies... But let's not let that get to our heads. I promise to stay within the confines of my charming little life as long as you, Dear Readers, promise to not let all this fame go to my head. Deal.

So onto what you've come to expect of my blog: details (no matter how mundane) of my charming little New England life. We're in the middle of a messy remodel at our house right now. Not inside, thankfully, but it's still throwing me for a loop. We tore off the boring old rectangular deck on the back of the house and are replacing it with a much bigger and more relaxing space. And by "we," I mean Skip's crew from ALR. (Check out the ALR link on the side of the page here if you don't know what I'm talking about. Don'tcha know? They're Great People Doing Great Things for Great Customers. *ting!*) The guys are awesome. Talented and fun guys- all of them. They didn't complain when I fed them cheddar bunny crackers with their sandwiches at lunch today, either.

However, it is freaking me out a little bit to look in the backyard. I told Skip I could see how this would go more smoothly when the homeowner isn't home to witness the horror in the backyard. There's an excavator in my backyard and huge rocks piled all over the place. Dirt is just everywhere. I should have expected all this. I just didn't. I don't know why. I am amazed at the huge undertaking this is-it seemed so simple on paper! It's just throwing me off my daily routine a little. But it is looking great! However, Lola has been flipping out about all the people coming and going and don't even mention the excavator jaws chomping rocks in the backyard... She seems to think we're being invaded. Naturally, we had misplaced her no-bark collar for the first two days of this excitement, so we were forced to attempt to be Zen about all the barking. It was either that or keep correcting at her all day long. It's hard to be Zen with someone barking allll dayyyy longggg. I finally found the collar in the toy box today. It's been a lot mellower since then.

Oscar was thrilled to have me volunteering at school today in his class. It was very cute. Rocco is still going back and forth with his mystery allergies... His face will clear almost entirely and then the next day the red rash is back again. Ugh. I'm out of ideas. We just have to wait it out until November when we see the allergist, I guess. Poor guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment