hanging out by the Hidey Cupboard
**********************************************
**********************************************
It's official. I'm a global, megastar, Babies! Okay, well, not really. But I've got readers in Canada and Australia now- very cool! I don't know that my very "Maine, USA," chatter actually translates into interesting reading over borders... But, c'mon! Who doesn't love to hear a long-winded, thirty-something go on about her life of cutesy kid stories, right??
Movin' on... (I don't want to go on too much about my celebrity now!) I want to tell you about "the Hidey Cupboard." That's a cupboard with a now-broken child safety latch on it that we just never replaced. Before you report us-- it's okay. The only things in there are some pots & pans- nothing with which Rocco could actually hurt himself (or anyone else.) We just got overzealous the first time we child-proofed the house and, once the latch broke, we realized there was no need to repair it, really. Anyhoo, it's become the Hidey Cupboard. That's because Rocco insists on stashing things in there constantly. Most frequently, it's the kitchen hand towel. Usually we figure out the towel has been moved only after we've washed our hands and want to dry them.
(And, no, that's not a real egg in the pan.
It's a musical shaker that looks like an egg.)
*****************************************************
I'm thinking it must drive Rocco nuts every time I move the towel back by the sink. I mean, he obviously believes that it belongs in this cupboard since he puts it back in there every time he notices it isn't in there. It must be infuriating for him to have someone constantly putting it in the "wrong" spot! Of course, when something is missing, the cupboard is now the first place we check. I found one of Oscar's missing toys in there, along with the remote control the other day...
In addition to the daily surprise of what will be in the Hidey Cupboard when we open it next, we also have the excitement of construction happening in the back yard right now. We tore down the old deck and are replacing it with a cooler, bigger, new one with a hot tub and a fire pit. It's gonna be like the Playboy Mansion grotto. Sort of. It'll be like The Grotto without quite so many naked girls. Just one girl. And she's usually clothed. And Skip is a lot more mobile- and much cuter- than Heff. So, it will not really be like the Grotto at all, I guess. Unless I want to get implants. *wink*
Anyway, about that construction: the boys love watching the excavator in the backyard! Lola absolutely detests it, however. She seems to think that the excavator is her enemy and it's eating her house. Her barking has been driving me insane! Good thing she has that gnarly underbite to make her more endearing.
I leave you with a couple pictures of the construction and the promise of cute Halloween pictures bright and early tomorrow. I have been sadly neglecting the old blog and I just wanted to get something up here today before I run out to get the kids so I don't alienate my ten (or so) readers. Have a swell day....

























I don't know how many Canadians read your site, but I'm one of them. I have to keep up to date on all things Sullivan.
ReplyDelete