YES for May Day!! Love this day- especially when it's 63° and sunny outside. The cherry blossoms have all just bloomed and buds are springing up on trees and everywhere. We even have tulips mysteriously popping up in the vegetable garden.
It was a glorious day at the school-- have I mentioned how much I adore working with all the kids?? On days like today, where my job is to be outside in the sun for half of my shift I really couldn't complain even if I wanted. I came home and grabbed Skip for a nice walk through the park and into downtown where we checked out a new coffee/ice cream/art house place. It was pretty cute and the owner was so friendly. She made us some tasty iced coffees for our walk back home. Okay, busted: I sampled the M&M cookies, too. Skip went all proper-like with a scone. (You did read that with a british accent, right?) It was cool to have a little mini-date with my guy before he had to work and it was just an awesome afternoon...
Until all the boys got home.
None of them were naughty, really... It was just all the talking over each other and interrupting at the dinner table that drove me batty! It was chaos in the form of a low, roaring din all afternoon/evening. Everyone has spring fever and they are acting like total mentals. I finally sent them to the playground for about 30 minutes to run off some energy. Got them all tucked into bed about 35 minutes ago. I don't know why I'm not well into a bourbon by now!? Maybe that should be my cue...
I do want to celebrate the successful- I think- completion of my damned thesis paper! And if anyone dares utter the phrase "Etruscan sarcophagi" to me EVER again, I will likely curl into a ball and start sobbing. It wasn't pretty, but I finished the thing and turned it in. I almost don't even care what my grade is at this point-- I'm just so glad it's done. One week from now and I'll be done for the semester-- hallelujah!
Seriously, why is there not a drink in my hand yet??
I'll sign off with a photo roundup since I totally stiffed the ole blog last month. I was just too busy to blog! Wanna know what we did in April? Here are the parts of it I managed to catch on camera:
Owen & co. all packed up and on the ferry over to Cow Island in Casco Bay for the weekend. This was the first weekend in April and it was freaky cold. He tented on the beach and had a total blast, despite the weather.
***
Okay, it's blurry, but you get the idea. This is Owen on the evening he came home from Cow Island. Sun- and wind-burned with a load of mischief in his eyes. I told you he had a blast!!
***
This is the totally adorable baby mouse that Rocco passed on the stairs to the second floor one evening while Skip was away in Seattle. R walked right by Mr. Mousie and came to chat with me as I cooked dinner. He didn't even think to mention that he had seen a mouse until about 10 minutes later and, even then, he brought it up in an ever-so-casual statement. Something like, "Oh, yeah, I saw this totally cute mouse on the stairs..." Eeks. I pulled my pan off the stove for a minute, walked over to the stairs where, indeed, there was the mouse sitting right where R left him. I caught the l'il guy, set him free by the brook and returned to making dinner. All in a night's work...
***

Torching my signet ring in the studio
(No, I was not the one taking the picture. I was the one holding the torch!)
***
The finished enamel signet ring
(pardon the filthy fingers-- that was a lot of sanding!)
***
Brotherly Love... plus bugs.
Oscar & Rocco nuzzled up at the public library for the Traveling Bug Zoo guy. We saw stick bugs, tarantulas & a slew of other creepy crawlies. We held Madagascan Hissing Cockroaches, too! (One of them ran up Oscar's pant leg.)
***
Red's Dairy Freeze with the Grady Gang
a great way to end a meal with some of the coolest peeps ever
***
Wayward Mallard ducks waddling around the driveway.
Oz was out there for a 1/2 hour trying to coax them out back to the brook- he was worried they'd get hit by a car
***
Rocco: Man of Action & Mystery
This was a getup he donned a week or two ago for no apparent reason.
This boy still loves his dress up!
***
Towering stack of May Day pancakes, courtesy of Oscar's culinary skills.
Family breakfast this morning was very nice, indeed.
***





























No comments:
Post a Comment