Saturday, September 06, 2008

Ten Years

What a whirlwind of a week! I am exhausted! I'm going to curl up on the couch under the skylights and listen to this crazy rainstorm that is the edges of Hurricane Hannah...

Besides, I want to keep this brief so I can enjoy my handsome husband's company this evening- our tenth wedding anniversary!

We had a beautiful party last night to celebrate with lots of family and friends at the inn where our wedding reception was held... with the same band playing as on our wedding day. The food was amazing, so we hear. Between Skip and I we ate a total of ONE crab cake (appetizer-sized, to boot!) and ONE chicken satay skewer (also an appetizer.) Ugh. We were starving by the end of the night! We finally ordered pizza after getting up to our hotel room for the night!

As soon as I get pictures of the party I'll share them. But for now, I'll post pictures from the lovely wedding we attended last week at our friend's home. His daughter got married at his house on the lake... Skip & I danced all night long and then walked home in the beautiful summer night.

The next day, our sweet baby turned two years old! We took him to the animal park and then out to lunch to celebrate with his big brothers. The following day, we had a small family party with grandparents, aunts/uncles & cousins. R had a blast... the theme was a "puppy party" since he loves two things these days: dogs and cars. (Dogs seemed like a cuter theme than cars!)

Anniversary party pics (and more details!) just as soon as the photos are ready!


Sunset Ceremony


***************************************************

The bride & her father showed up in his Godfather II replica limo
*****************************************************************

Bride & Groom- just married
************************************************

Skip in action on the dance floor
******************************************


Blurry self-photo of Skip and I at the wedding
(The photographer was enjoying some fruity drinks that
her darling husband kept feeding her all night long...)
Although I somehow think, by the look on Skip's face, that
the photo wouldn't have been any better if he'd been the one to take it!
*************************************************************

Wedding Guests under the twinkly lights
********************************************





Skip & I on the dance floor
***************************************************

Rocco, the birthday boy...
holding hands with Oscar for much of the day
Soooo cute
**************************************************


Saying "cheese"
************************************************

Rocco & his daddy
****************************************

At Toys R Us on Rocco's bday-
we let him choose his own present- a couple of small
Geo Trax vehicles that he hasn't left alone all week!
*******************************************************

Birthday lunch at Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse-
Rocco loved watching the talking, moving animals
****************************************************

Birthday party the next day- Uncle Dan caught a dragonfly
and Rocco was "petting" it
*******************************************************

Rocco checking out his new bike from
Aunt Donna and Uncle Gary
***********************************************


Make a Wish, Baby!!
******************************************************

Before I go... Some outtakes from the wedding...
(Try to guess how many drinks I'd had when taking each photo... hahaha)

Skip dancing
**********************************************

Striking a pose
***********************************************

Whoa... Ultra closeup
************************************************


This is a photo of Skip and I.
Or, more accurately, our outfits... as I apparently took a picture
pointing down towards the dance floor.
Skip's got a nice tie on, though, doesn't he!? haha
I'm the black dress. Aren't we cute? ;)
******************************************************

To my dear readers... I promise a more organized, interesting read next time. This is a pathetic excuse for an entry, but at least it keeps you abreast of our comings and goings until I get with the program....

To my fantastic, loving husband, you are the best thing EVER!!
You really put the pep in my step, Baby!! Happy Anniversary-
from the luckiest girl in the world.

To my humble little blog, Happy 100th Post!!
It seems like just yesterday that I posted this.


xoxo Mrs. Sullivan
(for ten years and counting...)

No comments:

Post a Comment