Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Six Months Old

Already?! And I'm late posting this by about a week-and-a-half, even! Sigh. Where has half a year gone? Our little Rocco is now six months old. But he doesn't look it... Especially when sitting next to his other baby friends! He had his check-up with Dr. Foster yesterday and he did fabulously- even during the shots. Oscar held his hand to make him feel better while he got three shots (ouch). Such a fabulous big brother! Rocco turned beet red for about 20 seconds of screaming and then he immediately stopped and was smiling again- happy as a clam! I think Oscar was pretty impressed! Anyway, here are his stats from yesterday:

weight: 13lbs, 5oz (3rd percentile)
height: 25" (7th percentile)
head circ.: 16.25" (5th percentile)
So, yes: Rocco is officially a peanut! Just to give you an idea of how he stands up to his friends, here are some stats from other new-to-the-planet-arians we know (note that they are almost all younger!):
Cousin Penelope, at age 4mos: 14lbs & some change
Piper Carr, at age 4mos: 15 lbs, 6oz
Skylar Cook, at her 6mos visit: 14lbs, 5oz
Benjamin Christensen, at age 3mos: 18lbs & change!
But the doctor is not at all concerned for his growth- Rocco is growing, just on his own small-ish scale. And that's cool with us! He's doing very well developmentally- still nursing, but also eating solids 3 x day, sitting up with assistance, rolling over, swiping at things with his hands and attempting to cram everything he sees into his mouth! These are all very normal things for someone his age and he's sleeping like a champ (knock on wood!)... We just get the added benefit of him fitting into his clothing longer than his brothers did.
I've been taking photos of him with his hand-me-down stuffed alligator, so creatively named AL... I started when he turned one week old and have been doing it monthly ever since. Now that he's halfway to marking his first year on Earth, I thought it would be a good spot to show you how he's been growing! Check out his slow-but-steady progress below while I go cry thinking about my baby turning one...
Oh, be quiet. I know it's not until August, but now that we're halfway there it doesn't seem so far away! Time is passing so fast- I wish it would slow down but I know it won't. But we're having so much fun together!
*********************
Below: Rocco, 1 week old, with Al, 7 years old


******************************
Below: 2 mos old
(I'm so annoyed- can't find the 1 mo photo... It's around here somewhere!)


*********************************
Below: 3 mos old


****************************

Below: 4 mos old


***************************

Below: 5 mos old

(note the bold fashion statement of socks and a diaper... Stylin'!)


********************************

And, Finally: 6 months old!


Coming up next time... more LOLA!!

(She complained that her contract covers more press

than she's currently getting. The celebrity is going to her head!)

No comments:

Post a Comment